As a web analyst you may want to enrich your web analytics data with various attributes (characteristics) to level up audience segmentation and deep-dive analysis capability.
Let's consider some common questions:
- what's the difference in visitor behaviour (journey patters) between existing clients and prospects?
- is there any difference in visitor behaviour depending on their membership in loyalty program (member vs. non-member; silver vs. platinum)
- what is a difference between those who chose standard and premium packages, who chose annual and monthly subscription plan?
The list can be continued with marital status, age group, gender, nationality, etc. A part of this information may exist in your backend system like CRM and thus may become available once someone gets authenticated on the website. The other source of information may be the platforms like Demandbase. Questions answered in onsite forms may also contribute to the visitors profile enrichment.
Now lets see how to pass this data to Yandex Metrica and leverage this information. The platform supports two methods:
- aka session parameters (that are actually hit level attributes)
- aka visitor or user parameters